A rare opportunity to purchase a classic LEGO business, one of Melbourne’s most sought-after toy businesses. Surrounded by shops and cafes, train station and major road frontage this location attracts families, adults and LEGO lovers or Adult LEGO Hobbyists. This is the perfect small business for someone looking for a lifestyle business or could easily be converted to an “under management” model.
A continuing successful business for 12+ years, this LEGO shop offers a beautiful selection of LEGO, board games, puzzles, mini-figures, construction toys and more great gifts. This store has a LEGO account which is very hard to get.
This unique business has multiple income streams that all have huge potential to grow;
- Retail store selling LEGO, plus other building block brands, Jigsaw Puzzles and Board Games
- Online store selling the same products as the physical store but with additional items being online only (especially puzzles)
- Custom printing on LEGO elements. This includes custom printed LEGO mini-figures, LEGO bricks and custom made LEGO sets. These products are sold online, through the physical store as well as two other physical LEGO retailers, and to corporate customers.
- Running LEGO markets every 8 weeks (approximately) selling used LEGO parts, sets and mini-figures. These were introduced just prior to COVID-19 and were only able to resume in 2021.
- Retailing of LEGO at several large LEGO exhibition events including Brickvention (Melbourne), The Sydney Brick Show, and the Canberra Brick Show.
This business turned over $1,1M + last financial year which has been consistent for several years.
Owner works in the business with the assistance of 1x Full-time, 1x Part-time and 7 x casual staff, who should be happy to stay on with the new owner.
Perfect for investors looking for a business to run under management, for visa buyers, or those looking to run a business they are passionate about.
The shop is delightfully set up with creative display spaces, complimented by large window displays. You will be delighted when you discover the very attractive rent provisions, with a very long lease with excellent breakdown of options, for that next growth phase. Rent is $3,752pcm for the Retail shop and $2,237pcm for warehouse.
Business comes with quality fitout, social media accounts, a customer database as well as a high-quality website with a full shopping cart.
This is a business that is sure to excite any serious buyer looking for an easy-to-run, charming shop in a fantastic location with one of the best lease arrangements on offer in the current market.